Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Well Little Holidays are such fun!

Hey!
Man, the weather of late has been absolutely stunning:) Just now there are few if any clouds in the sky!!
Yesterday was a public holiday so that ment much relaxing at the park and then later at the beach, it was fantastic, didn't get any pics though. Will try and get some developed tomorrow, see how those night shots came out. Yesterday was great, in that I managed to get some rock climbing shoes and a chalk bag! Now my flatmate and I both got them at the same time and it was such a mission, because the store only stocked like one pair of that size. Murphys law states that we'd both need the same size! So fortunately we went to another store and they had a pair. This was great and we then proceeded to get them and go home to enjoy the park/beach/sun. Later on in the evening we were just trying on the shoes again (as I'd already tried the shoes on in the first store) and one pair is a different size! They were too small!! The second store had stupidly given me the pair that had 10's on the packet and they were really 9's AHhh!! Well I'm off to return them, and then see what they are gonna do about it, cos if that's their only pair I'll be pretty angry about it all!!

Am to try the shoes out later too, and my new chalk bag, should be fun.

Anyway as per usual I've got an assignment due later and another due earlier!! And then my favourite maths class later on!!

Oh man, I've just realised I've left my Oakleys at home, brought the case left the oakleys - pain!! Will now have to go around squinting at everthing!!

I'm going skydiving in two weeks, its for my bithday. Will have a party at my place, have a fantastic friend who is helping me with invites and everything, she is awesome. Funny thing is her B'day is like a couple of days later, so will be a fun time all round these next couple of weeks I shouldn't wonder!

Will see how it goes, might post from work but will see!

What makes you enjoy someones company?

David

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skydiving sounds like a blast, haven't done it yet. Always wanted a pilot's license too, and my own piper twin engine plane... ah, cash first would help!

enjoy company... well, I do enjoy the blogger company lately,
But I would have to say in person, a sense of humor, witty remarks, story-telling and listening ability.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

I'm with snaggle there... all of the above. Need to be around someone that can not only make you laugh, but laugh along with you! Inteligence would be something too... they need to be on the same page, or at least understand what you're saying and where you're going with something.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Hope you sorted out the climbing shoes saga. What a pain.

Meanwhile.... still wondering what you thought of Third day at Parachute? Who was your fav artist this year, and are you heading next year?

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Good thing you don't suffer from vertigo, Kiwi. I don't either unless its out in the open. We have some tall buildings in ATL, and I love to look out the windows of them to see an overall view of the city... but skydive? Nope.
I have to be enclosed in something like an outdoor elevator or behind a window. For the most part, I'm a "ground" person. Cheers to all those that aren't as chicken as me.

What makes good company is a person who wants to be with you as much as you want to be with them.
All the other stuff (wit, charm,
laughter, intelligence, etc.)
hopefully falls into place.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Somehow I'm waitin for Neo to jump in with "hey, I knew ya had a girl-friend!" I do know what having a good platonic friend is like, though. I've had an excellent man-friend for decades now, but just not attracted sexually, too much like a brother!

The other quality I was going to add is some one you're comfortable being yourself with.

In the US every one who buys shoes always tries them on before buying them, to see if they're comfy enough to walk in, which woulda saved ya some trouble. Sometimes, slowing down a bit to double-check can be worth the trouble.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

snag - Thanks, its so true, believe it or not we 'try before we buy' here too:)
Was half expecting a random comment from Neo - maybe he's tied up or something!

using - thanks, yeah Third Day was awesome, expecially the atmoshphere when they came out on stage. And especially especially when they played their oldies like Consuming Fire and Blackbird, those are the songs for which Third Day is highly rated in my books!! Fav artist thats ever been was Pillar, this year was Third Day, and prob only for for the main events on Sat or Sun, as been dissapointed with getting all hot and bothered waiting for sideshows that I didn't make it into!

Ellen - Cheers :) Well its like a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, so I thought take it!

morgs - He he, ok I will then ;p


Cheers for the company comments, all so true - glad to say that I have people in my life which I'm able to just be myself, even if sometimes that's a bit retarded!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home