Monday, October 31, 2005

Mppppphhhhh!

HEy!
Well its another week, don't really feel up for it - already managed to hand in an assignment short notice this morning, was happy with that, but don't feel like doing much but sit in the glorious sun that is outside at the moment!!

Will go climbing in half an hour, hopefully that will give me some energy, or at least make me feel better for having wasted it!! Want to really push myself a bit, both on and off the wall.

Have had some resolve to do some more photography, perhaps this time with a friend who is as good, if not better than I am. Just now have to think of the shots I want to aim for - think I'll stick with the evening/morning theme and try some scenic ones as well. Any suggestions?

I was just surfing Neo's blog and man its a few posts back now but he was running a from-the-scene report of Cereal Town in turmoil, man it was so so funny, good times!! Cheers Neo!

Man - I think that in my little Green Island in the Pacific I'm not aware of how large the world is, in that there are so many people out there! Cliche I know - but I just took a little blog stroll and read some fantastic stuff. From a hard core Army Chick :) to awesome stories on random train rides! I highly recommend doing it, just to see whats out there - most is wierd but there are pockets of blogs that are pure legend, even LEGICAL!!

I have less than a week before turning 21, I don't know what to think - does it mean that I'm instantly more responsible, though I've been acting above my age for a long time, or does it mean that people think more of me? Am I more available? Less? OR is it just a number?

Why is it we oft think of being someone else? or somewhere else?

David

8 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

We oft think of being somewhere else or being someone else as it allows us to escape into a realm of a different adventure, and away from the little things we set back for ourselves. It's a daydream we can shut off anytime, and turn on at our leisure... just for fun.
It's at 21 when these questions come into further light and it becomes your first mid life crisis to deal with. Certainly not as freaky as the one that hits you at 40.
Cheers, Kiwi, no matter how bleak it seems at time, you are only doing what you've been put here to do as a child of the universe.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

In the USA 21 is legal drinking age, although 18 is voting age.
by the time I was drinking age, I'd already decided I didn't enjoy hang-overs much!

I blog-surf all the time, I agree, it's great fun! (that's how I found ya) But then I've trouble keeping current on all the blogs I'm trying to follow...
I think the world is so small, because we can all know each other across 8000 miles distance! Ya def learn alot about other real people n places through blogs.

Usually the thought of leaving known troubles behind is tempting, but remember there's always a new set to deal with no matter where ya go...
It seems better where ya are to me here also...
The CerealTown Scandle was a riot! I also highly recommend it...

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi - Thanks for the prop's.

Turning 21 isn't that big of a deal until you get older. And even then, it's not that important. What is important is that you learn what responsibility is for you now. Make yourself happy first, take care of those around you, and then the rest falls into place.

First round of drinks is on me.

Peace!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Harlyn said...

it's always nice when a man acts older than his age ;)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I forgot about the drinking age here. It had just gone down to 18 when I turned 18 and went back up to 21 because we abused it so badly.
I haven't been a drinker for many years... gets you into too much trouble, and Snaggle's right, the hangovers aren't much fun... especially if your boyfriends tapes you under the influence, and plays it back the next morning.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

ellen - Mmmmm so I'm in a start life crisis!! :)
With the drinking age, its 18 over here too - so for me its definitely not about that, think I just have pressure to make it something great, something to remember. We'll see how that goes! The age is getting abused over here too, it may be raised again, not that I really care, it doesn't matter what age it is I'll still get asked for ID!!


snag - he he so very true, you look at a few blogs, you get some good ones and then it takes ages to see them all and keep up with everything, good fun though!
I don't want to run from my troubles - mostly cos I don't really have any worth worrying about!


Neo - cheers for those pearls of wisdom :) Thats real nice of you hey!!! Will keep an eye out for that responsibility!


April - thanks for coming to my corner of the globe :) ohh come on your bearly out of 21 ;p your still a young'en too!!
Hope to see you round again!


City - you know whats even nicer?? When Chicks recognise it!! ;)

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Some Random Girl said...

Ha ha ha ha on Jags comment. I know she's younger than me but ha ha ha.... good one!

21 wasn't a big deal to me. I turned 21 and wasn't ever a big drinker so I went to the nearest 7-11 (convenience store) and bought a beer. One beer just to see if I could get carded and she didn't. damn. I was bummed. I had to hand her my I.D. oh well....guess I looked 21 before I was 21. Who knew..... But happy bday to you!

Show us pics of what your town looks like!!!! Photo ideas...
your climbing area
Your town
you
your fam
your pets???
flowers are always good I love flowers...
I'm eager to see what you come up with!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Jags - Ha! I KNEW IT!! You just want to sneak into bars and stuff like that!! ;P

Jules - thanks for that, think its gonna be funny, will post the pics from the B'day BBQ! As for those topics, will see what I can come up with, though don't have heaps of me, guess will have to take some. As for the 'town' is NZ's biggest city so there should be pleanty to show!

morgs - he so could write a sitcom, maybe we should lobby a vote on JBI for him to start one called the 'Bringhams family', like every Monday or something?? :)
Tell me how that documentary on NZ goes, watch out for the natives ;p
Thanks you to - hope you sort that site of yours, it nearly ate me this morning!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home