Monday, November 14, 2005

The fun-filled weekend!!

Hi,
The weekend is over sadly, yes madly short! It was a really fun one though, wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Friday was really fun because I managed to sneak my present to my friend, I made her a coffee table, I got her brother who is my flatmate to get it to her place so that when she returned from work it would be there! She really like it too, and then also the gift that her Brother gave matched, it was a Bonsai tree and a really nice ceramic plate/dish/holdy thingy for decorative table top sitting! The table was a bit rough but it did come out nice, especially the colour! Will have to get a pic of it perhaps!
That night my friends family (and because I'm a good friend of both my flatmate and his sister I'm an honorary member of the family :) all went to an Italian restaurant, which was so tasty.
We had wanted to go to a movie afterwards but it didn't work out, we re-planned for during the week this week instead!

Saturday at work was surprisingly slow, considering that I'm now taking up the slack of one of the other workers being off on a holiday for many weeks! When work was over my flatmate, who also happens to be my climbing partner and his sister and a couple of other mates all went rock climing, and I tried out my new harness, it felt great, comfy and safe. Was a good evening, but felt I could have climbed a bit better, possibly came down to a lack of food!

Sunday was really nice, we the crazy three (my flatmate his sis and myself do heaps of trips all over the place) did a little road trip to this cafe called the flip'n bear, and they do the most fantastic pancakes, both savoury and sweet. We ordered one savoury and two sweet and then divided them in thirds and all got a third of each kind!! Now that was nice! After that we went down to the beach(It was but 5-10mins away) and got some sun, played some frisbee and generally had more fun!! We drove back and sorted out our weeks groceries and then hired some DVD's and watched them at my friends place!

What a weekend..... Birthdays are such fun when they are good friends and they get what they deserve :)

Today I'm getting into my study routine then throw out, I mean sort, sort out my papers and junk from notes. Collate them orderly and clearly, and focus myself so that I can get some marks from these exams!

Pics from the weekend will be coming perhaps on Thursday, as I'll get them developed on Wed!!

The sun feels so good, what an amazing country of mine!!
Cheers,
David

11 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi -Glad to hear your weekend went great too!

You really should get a digital cam with all the photo's you take. It's so much easier to work with. Plus you could setup a printing station and do your own instead of paying someone else to do it.

:)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Neo - Cheers man, would love to get me a digi, am really liking the Pentax *ist DS2 but dreams are free :) As for the printing them at home, that would involve a computer and printing station first off!! Plus at work I can get digi prints done on the same printer that does the traditional film, awesome photo quality on real nice Fujifilm Crystal archive paper!! Now what bank can I rob to get my a digi ...... :)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi - Ah, ok! I do all my photo's from my laptop. I just plug in the USB cable and off I go. I use a Kodak Easyshare C300. I have a 256 expansion card. All total with the rechargeable batteries, charger, and warranty and case, it cost about 250 bucks.

Then I used Easyshare program, Microsoft Photo Editor and Adobe Photoshop to do any editing work.

This thing even does video!

Pretty sweet!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Ahhhhh the fun of Digi Pics, I really love Photo shop, I often play with the pics at work, cos I do a lot of passports and they have regulations etc, good times!!
Thanks for the info, I could save up a bit of money, but really want a digi-SLR if I can, so prob a little more money :(
256MB is pretty good, what sort of Megapixel cam is it?

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi -It's 3.5 mp. It's so lightweight it's like nothing in my hands. Can't wait to get the winter snow shots. I'm praying for a blizzard just to get some quality shots.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger alannajoy said...

kiwi: sounds like u had a fabu weekend! good on ya! i have my favorite american goddess living over in your parts at the moment, what a sweetie she is.. and boy does she digg those kiwi blokes! lemme tell you: you are quite the looker!
i bet it is absolutely beautiful in ur area these days.. the beginning of spring soon eh? Enjoy!
Thx for checking out my site..
alannajoy

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Soundz like the friends are the best to have around, friendz for life. I grew up with folkz like that, but they moved across the country to California at grad time. Tough to keep in touch as ya start workin n get so busy.

Good luck with studying the correct notes, n on exam week, I wish ya success!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Harlyn said...

sounds like a great weekend! jealous! ;)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Neo - Neat! 3.5Mp that would mean a few shots on the 256MB card :)

alanna - he he thanks ;p yeah its stunning over here at the moment, we are just starting to head into summer :) In fact got some pics of the weekend that I'm just about to post on my other site, maybe some here too. Thanks heaps for visiting :)

snag - yes they are the best, always fun to be had when they are around!! Maybe you can catch those friends of yours once in awhile?

city - LOL! Cheers it was good, I needed a weekend like that!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi -Yeah, I think you'd dig it!

Morg's -It super easy to use. Yes, it does the video clips too.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Yeah I made a little coffee table, its pretty rugged and beautiful at the same time. What cant I do.......... mmmmmmm I don't know! :)

Neo - You know that I would, could snap heaps of pics for my pic blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home