Thursday, March 23, 2006

I DID IT!!........... Sort of!

Hey yous fullas!
Well yesterday I spent several hours, to go along with the countless hours I've already spent, fixing my 600mm lens that got Humpty Dumptied!! Well Okay it didn't fall off any wall, but it wouldn't go back together again let me tell you!
Well after awhile I started to play with it on the camera and realised that there is only one position in which it has full range of focus, basically from some closer distance through to infinity. This position will allow it to take pictures fine, though it seems that, through some way or another, all the guides are exactly opposite to where they should be!! Now I don't know about you, but when I want something fixed I want it back to how it was. This is just not gonna happen this time, I'm fine if the lens works fine, and it does. Plus its only the focus and apeture guide, I need to know that stuff off by heart anyhow (not that I do). Long story short I fixed the lens...... sort of, and its back in action!! Yay!
Catch you guys, I'm off to do a Calc assignment. I Also might be entering some photo competitions, so will see how that all pans out!
David



PS:I had something to write just here barely three seconds ago, sorry maybe another day!!

6 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora David, You have the gift of the garb for taking photos !!! Interesting reading as well. Take care, especially up those rock-faces. We don't want to hear that you have fallen flat on your face !!! Check my blog "For Ex.Pat New Zealanders". Theres a link to a competition that could win you a trip to Palmerston North.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

There is nothing so powerful as fixing something you thought was broken forever. Cheers to you!

I can't wait to see the pictures you plan to enter in the competition.... if they are anything like the ones you've posted, you should receive a gold medal!

Take care, and good luck!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi - Good job! I hate it when stuff breaks. I know how it feels when you do a bring back to life mission. LOL

Good luck with the competition.

Have a great weekend.

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you fixed it :) i knew you would...just like you knew i'd end up skydiving, i'm sure. i'm looking forward to seeing your pics for the competition, as well as some personal lessons on taking pics myself!

God bless, see ya soon,
kristen

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Good work n perseverance! :)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

kelvin - Thank you! Will see about that trip, don't know if 'Palmy' is where I'm dying to head!! :)

Ellen - Thanks, it was all the more meaningful because I really like that lens and its already (on its first outing with me) taken some really nice pics! I would feel terrible If I was the undoing of it!!

Neo - Cheers dude, it was an okay weekend, but the weather was rancid! I didn't manage to take any pics for the competition, but I have a few ideas! Sent off some of my old pics to another competition, will see how that goes too.

Kristen - your a psycho so of course I knew you'd do a jump or two before you left NZ :)!!! I'm sure there will be pleanty of time for lessons :) Catch you round.

Snag - I really try!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home