Friday, January 27, 2006

A Good Weekend....














My life is like a Waterfall, it always looks better after heavy rain.

I thought I'd talk about my Weekend and the situations that I currently face. The weekend was great, though sometimes I hate it intensely when I am too sensitive about those closest to me. My friends and myself went on a little drive out to the closest Waterfall, called Hunua falls. Now I've posted all the pics on the other site if you wanna peek. It was nice to get back into some forest for a change and we really do have nice forest in New Zealand. I took my newly acquired Cokin filters and holder and had a set use in mind for them. I used a whole roll but was stupid and didn't record exactly what settings I had the camera on. Well guess the fastest learned lessons are the ones were you made a mistake. The photos came out brilliant, I just didn't know which setting was which photo. I'm still really happy about the results :)

Anyway just recently I've been contemplating going back to uni or working full time, I applied for this years papers (thinking I was late in doing so) and have been praying about it ever since. I really had no direction on the matter, lots of different avenues I could take, but that was just it, was it me that should be taking them or should I trust that the right one will be presented to me. Well today I've recieved a letter in the mail with confirmation that I've been accepted into all the papers I needed and then some! I really do feel a peace about going back to uni. My faith isn't soley based on feelings, yet I do feel that God is still calling me to finish a Degree in Egineering. If its His will, He'll shut the doors and through faith open new ones for me, of this I'm certain. Sooooo if I'm going back to uni, that means I'll have more time to blog, which is good for all of us :)


Take care, God bless,
David

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi - Nice shots! That's looks like a really peaceful place.

I know how you're feeling about doors closing. The company I work for may be getting bought out by another. So I'm hoping that as some say, God will open a window.

Good luck with UNI.

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Good for you to plug ahead, and we look forward to more posts!

I popped over to the PICS and loved the pictures of the waterfalls. They appear to be quite beautiful, as do all the pictures of your country. Thanks for letting us in on the best hidden secrets for vacation spots.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Some Random Girl said...

good for you. Keep going. That's how i feel with nursing...if God is pulling you in a direction, you have to do it!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

WOHOOOO!!!!

I'm just sorting out all my papers too. Madness, I tell you. :)

Oh... and I once went on a school camp at Hanua. Good times, I tell you! Great pic too.

Blessings, David

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Neo - Thanks man, its nice to just get out for a bit an enjoy some beauty. Cheers heaps for the well wishes, I hope you've seen the last of those guys that were doing the inventory and thinking bout taking the company over?!

Ellen - Thank you, I'm certain that there will be many more stories to come about the hard(but fun) road ahead in Uni!! Hope you like all the pics I've got coming!

Jules - Yes so true, just wished I listened more and obeyed sooner!

UUTW - Madness does not even begin to describe it hey!!! Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home