Monday, January 09, 2006

Ahhhhhh, what an awesome Break!

Hey guys, Thanks for the Happy New Year wishes :)
Just thought I'd say that I had a fantastic holiday both with Family and my best Friends. And have loads of Photos to share about it all!
Will drop one or two here and then probably slowly post more and explain them on my photo blog.




New Years Eve

It was a bit cold and windy and felt a bit like any other evening. My friends and myself went up to a nearby hill nearing midnight and I took some pics here is one of them. Every year they do a fireworks display off the Sky tower, this years display was okay, though I was at quite a range so it was very hard to keep the tripod and telephoto lens still for the long exposures! It was actually really funny because my friends formed a human wind break to stop it from hampering my efforts. Thanks guys!! :)
















Holiday Camping
My Trip away was very nice and only marred by one event. These idiotic young dudes (physical age probably 17, mental age definitely 3) decided to get drunk and cause a pile of trouble in camp, it was bad enough that they kept us up all night but by 1 or 2 in the morning I had had enough. Especially when I heard what they were gonna do to the neighbouring tent, due to the guy in there causing trouble with them. So I had my Camoflage pants and Jacket on and my boots, I was serious. My flat mate came with me and we just stood silently watching these guys. They came to rip down the tent beside us and as they got real close they got a fright and saw us standing there. They then proceeded to get abusive to us, even though we were the ones that rightly could have given them a smack outside the head for their stupidity. This one in particular whose name was in fact Dave was really heading for trouble when my flat mates Dad got involved as well. They finally realised that they were gonna get into more than they could handle so for the rest of the night I was awake in my tent expecting these goons to come back. The next morning we got them all kicked and banned from the campsite so the rest of the trip and camping experience was nice in comparision.
There was but a 10 min walk to the beach and it was gorgeous! One of the mornings I got up early and myself and a good friend of mine watched the sunrise, it was stunning!

I was truely blessed this festive season with great things, like relaxation, realisation and resolution. I can only pray it was the same for you!

Blessings,
David


PS: Need some time before I'll post the rest of my images on the other blog, sorry bear with me on this one!

6 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi -Glad to hear you had fun. Sorry about the tools messing with you. You should just beat their asses.

It sucks when people like that end up parked to you. I'm sure that you wouldn't have a problem laying the smackdown to them.

Btw, thanks for the comments, I missed having you around.

Peace Bro,

- Neo

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Neo said...

PSNice photo of the fireworks!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kiwi (no not the fruit!) said...

Neo - Thanks hey! It was so close to that one guy getting a severe beating hey. Mind you he was as drunk as a skunk so he probably wouldn't have felt it till the morning! Then he would have been sore and got kicked out!
Anyway no fighting ensued and it all worked out good.
Thanks for always commenting Neo, Its much appreciated, like you.
Take care, look after yourself.
Blessings Dude!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

As always, awesome picture of the Sky Tower. Wind or no wind, it came out beautifully! Can't wait to see the other pics on your #2 blog. Take care... and glad you had a great vacation/ holiday.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kiwi -We call it the Kensington Two Step in the neighborhood I grew up in here in Philly. ;)

(That's when you stomp someone)

;)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Some Random Girl said...

glad you're back. Been wondering where you were!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home